Thursday, November 18, 2010

Weight Watcher.

Today is the start of my second week as a weight watcher. I've signed up to do the 12 week program in Carlyle every Wednesday night. I've been thinking about it for quite awhile, but it just hasn't worked out until now. I'm completly inspired my 2 of my friends who are WW's and SMOKIN'!!! I want to be skinny like them! So I took the plunge, wrote the check, stepped on the scale and made the committment. Which for those who know me, know that I have committment issues - and even commiting to a coffee date is hard for me! For the next 12 weeks I'll be counting points, tracking what I put in my mouth, crossing my fingers as I look down at the scale and trying to get my fat ass a bit (or a lot) smaller!
I know that weight is like age with women - a closely held secret - but I want to be able to tell everyone how much I weigh, and not be embarassed one bit - and I want to buy some clothes and not cringe at the size. I want to leave a change room smiling, enter a room without sucking in my tummy, and for the first time in my life feel SKINNY! I have memories going all the way back to grade 4 of being embrassed by my weight.
Anyways, it's starting out good, with a loss of 3.2 lbs in my first week! Lets hope I can keep it up though Chiristmas (will I be able to resist all the cream cheese goodies Shier Christmas Eve is famous for??) and into the new year!
I have no idea what my ideal weight would be - in my adult years I've never been under 180 - so anything under that would be a dream! The smallest size I've been was a 12 (for a short time) - so being a single size would be insane!

2 comments:

  1. Good Job Heather !!! Its quite the dedication to do something like this any time of year but even more difficult at this food focus kinda of season . Good Luck to you !!! Glad to see you back blogging too !!!Love Reading !
    ~L~

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you. The key to Christmas is to not worry about things you can have ANY time of the year. Enjoy the special treats, and do not, I repeat DO NOT beat yourself up over them. Good luck! I love you! (Did I say that already?)

    ReplyDelete