Saturday, March 5, 2011

My Heart Still Feels (a good thing? I don't know)

Things that PING my heart these days:

- Any mention of the word "mom" by a friend, acquaintance or voice on the radio

- When my kids ask to talk to Bobby. (they think that the operator's voice on the phone is Bobby, she keeps telling them "there is trouble completing your call" and they just keep yapping away.)

- When T sings "Finkle Finkle Little Star"

-Seeing (or worse/best) holding a baby

- When T says "It's purfic mom!"

- When I go to church and sit in "our" pew without her, I can still feel her there

- When I drive by the cemetary (every day - at least twice - to and from town) and see her yellow flowers peeking out of the snow bank

- Rach's around the neck squeezes and sweet sweet kisses

- A "Good Morning" or "Good Night" text (BBM!) from Dan

- A perfectly timed hug from a good friend

No comments:

Post a Comment