Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Science of the Hug

Hug Count - feels like one zillion (more like 500)

In the last few months I've had all sorts of hugs:
- The too long, wish they'd let go already, hug
- The too short, please hug me til it stops hurting, hug
- The tentative, handshake/hug
- The too tight, this is not nice hug
- The hug with a whisper of encouragment
- I've even had one with a kiss on the way out (by a near, stranger...)
all of the above seem uncomfortable, awkward and un natural is some way.

Then there are those awesome hugs. The ones that feel so warm and comforting. You can feel the love (unromantic love) that person has for you. I'm like a sponge when I get one. Soaking up love, encouragement and good vibes. These hugs are perfectly timed, just right in every way. Just enough to get me through the day/night/next 10 minutes.

My advice to anyone reading this is to HUG. but MEAN IT when you hug. Like the words I love you, a hug can be a powerful, wonderful thing or awkward and all wrong...

No comments:

Post a Comment