Thursday, October 27, 2011

Not the Teacher...

My kids started pre-school and pre-k in Sept. This year I am not the teacher. The month leading up to the first day was tough for me. I missed the lesson planning, class lists, bulletin boards and felt like I was ready to pick up where I left off in May. I had lots of ideas for centres and crafts and bulletin boards bouncing around in my brain. It's been hard to let go.... I'm not the teacher. It's not my problem. But I did have alot of expectations, comparisons, and negative (skeptical?) opinions of the new teacher. I know if I WAS the teacher I'd be far too stressed and tried and not enjoying it. So I need to focus on MY kids and being excited for them. Last year, I think that Tristan didn't get the praise he deserved for his behavior/art work, as I had 60 kids to share that praise with. And I've decided that if they're falling behind/not getting what I think they should out of the program I can always do more mini-preschool stuff at home. As long as they are enjoying going to school, I will be happy. (or at least content) And 2 months into the programs, I have more confidence in the new teacher and my kids are loving it!

No comments:

Post a Comment