Sunday, May 30, 2010

80th Birthday Party

Today we celebrated my Grandma Margaret's 80th birthday. EIGHTY! I can't even begin to imagine what life will be like when I'm 80. How different things will be - how old T and Rach will be. I've often imgained what it would be like to have lived in the 30's like my grandma did, and think that I would have enjoyed growing up and being a mom back then. Sure it was very hard work, and most were very poor but I think that in many ways things were better then.
It was a great tea party this afternoon at the senior's centre, with over 120 people coming to celebrate with her, then about 30 family and close friends stayed for BBQ burgers and all that jazz. Then the 'after-party' spilled across the street to her house for a case of beer and some laughs with HER family (her 2 children, grandkids and greatgrands)

No comments:

Post a Comment