Saturday, June 5, 2010

Holy Baby Fever Batman!

Seems like EVERYONE is either pregant or has a baby. After news of 3 new baby girls in Alberta (Abby, Emily, and Jessica) and some snuggles with 2 of Oxbow's newest handsome men (Ethan and Hayden) Baby Fever has struck the Tober house. I don't feel like we're done with 2 little redheads. In my mind we have 2 more (FOUR...seriously? am I nuts) Not that I don't completely love T and RET, and I do feel spread pretty thin mentally most days, but I have SO much more love in me!

We'll see if these fever stays for the next few weeks...or if it's fleeting. We got preggo first try with T and RET was a surprise, so I guess that counts as a 1st try! So if I'm going to stop with the no-baby-pill, I need to be totally ready!
I've been looking at the calendar and thinking that if I don't get preggo this month or next, then we'll be done with these 2.
I just got a new job (see future post) so I don't want to have to leave part way through my 1st year. BUT I could be pregnant for the whole school year and have the baby may/jun and still be good for summer farm jobs (aka living in the tractor - baling, and calving out 100 cows) and return to my job in the fall. And besides, i really feel that any more than 3 years between kids is too much - especailly when the 1st 2 are so close in age...
So watch for future posts to see if the Tober family is growing...

I have been very intriged by the idea of adoption. I have always thought that adopting would be cool, and ever since the Haiti Earthquake I've really been thinking about it...so many kids lost their parents in that disaster. What if that happened here? I can't bear to think of MY kids in that situation. I know that adoptin from Haiti right now would be a gong show - with all the restructuring needed there, but I'll certainly be researching often to see when things get opened up. Adopting locally (Canada) is interesting and we would surely be seen as a possible home, given my disability background and the fact that so many adoptees have various degrees of disabilities. But I'm such a planner and adopting is so out of my hands, that I don't know if I could do it! (ControlFreakMuch??) Maybe further down my life's path this will be an option and we'll adopt a bit older child (near the same age as T & RET) So if I continue to blog watch for adoption info updates!

No comments:

Post a Comment