Friday, June 18, 2010

Mrs. Tober's coming to EFC!.

I got exciting news the other day! I've been hired to be the preschool and pre-k teacher at the local Family Centre! Registrations have begun and I'm really looking forward to the job. I've been planning bulletin boards and lessons since I first applied for the job. My co-worker will be amazing to work with! Lisa is a very positive person who always has a smile and a kind word. I know that the kids will respond well to her. It's both of our first year as teachers in this capacity, so the whole year will be a learning year for both of us - I'm sure we'll make a few goofups along the way, but for the most part I'm really excited to help shape all the little minds. I really do love kids and I've always wanted to teach. Also anticipating lots of positive mentoring for a fabulous kindergarden teacher, and opportunities to attend workshops! (..nerd..)
I've been on the family centre's board for a few years, as a parent, I'm happy to be involved with them on a new level now. It's an amazing resource for the community and I'm so happy to be contibuting to it!
On a side note, T will be starting preschool with me! (..maybe we'll get matching backpacks..)

No comments:

Post a Comment