Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Day 2...

Monday the 12th
Dan has to be in Lampman before 6am every day from now to eternity (or until this leg of the Enbridge pipeline is done.) So therefore I am up at 4:30 everyday to make sure he is up, and to see him on his way (fill his thermos with coffee, take his lunch out of the fridge and give him a “have a good day” on his way out the door.) I then sleepily climb back into bed until a more acceptable hour (7:30 today). Once the kids and I are all up, dressed and fed we head outside for our daily morning chores. We have 4 kittens and 2 mama cats that need petted and fed. (4 other kittens have found new homes…these 4 are FREE to anyone who wants a meat-loving, kid-handled sweetheart) Tristan is so brave with the kittens, he loves picking up the “little fella”s and finding all their “brudders and seesters”. Rachel’s cat’s name is Jewel and she feels that all 4 kittens should be called Jewel too – so she chases them around – half bent over, peering at them – saying “jew-ull” over and over. Poor things.
Then it’s over to the arena to hay and water the steers. The kids like to look at and talk to these guys too – no petting though. They are a little big and fast for that!
We head to town after chores to get groceries. It feels like we’re there every friggin day! It was almost fun when they had the pot-sticker campaign, but that’s over now… (did get 4 pots outta it though!...not bad for $3500 in groceries in 6 months!)< Roll your eyes> Tristan’s job is to carry in the big water jugs – he huffs and puffs and is so proud of being such a strong big boy!
After groceries and a few other errands, I take Rachel to my mom's place to spend the afternoon with her. My mom is my on-call babysitter and i use her most days. It's so nice living close by and awesome that the kids get to spend so much time with thier "bobby".
Tristan came with me to finish up some baling at a field near Alida. He loves tractors and bales and this was a bit of a treat for him to come with me. After finishing up the bales we drive the tractor back to mom and dad's farm. This was too much of a trip for T - he fell asleep and needed to sit on my knee, with his head on my shoulder for the slow, bumpy trip back. Take T into mom's house so he can continue his nap in comfort. I unhook the baler and drive the tractor back to our place.
It is 3:00 when I get to our farm. I pick all the bales in our home hay field, until 7:30. I'm just finishing up when Dan comes home from work. I have stack the bales wrong. All that time and work and has now made more work for Dan. He will have to re-stack the majority of the bales tonight. (not happy)
We drive to the Alida field to pick up my truck. We have a fight (over what, I can't remember now... something I did wrong, or didn't do, or didn't think about while doing...) it's a big blow out - lots of yelling, tears, me hyperventilating, melting down, and wishing I wasn't alive.
Then I drive to my mom's for supper and to pick up the kids (it's 9:00pm now) After eating a yummy meat and potatoes supper I take the sleepyheads home. They don't make it down the lane before they're both snoring.
When I get home I leave them in the truck and feed the 2 hungry, barking dogs that greet me. Then one by one I bring the kids in the house and up the stairs to bed. Fingers crossed that they don't wake up. Phew. they stay sleeping.
Make Dan's lunch for tomorrow, set up the coffee timer and hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment