Wednesday, August 4, 2010

MidWeek

The kids and I sleep in until 9:00!! Unbelievable and unnecessary.
After breakfast we make blender banana bread (yum!) and then head up stairs to get the kids dressed and to srtip the beds. (It's been awhile...) They have fun tugging and wrestling with the sheets and blankets from everyone's beds. They take all the pillows they can find and make a path down the hallway and into my room. They "march" from pillow to pillow, making elephant noises.
Just when I think I can sneak in a bit of computer time - it is complete hell. Screaming and crying and pushing and fighting. On me, beside me and all around in the office while I try to read my email, blog and make a facebook invite to T's birthday party.
We go outside to cool down and blow off some of that agression. Steer and kitten chores. Then back inside. The kids take a break and watch Mickey and I do up some treat bags in anticipation for the upcoming (date To be Determined) birthday party for a 3 year old.
It's nearing lunch time, so I phone a couple of my buddies to see if they want to meet me down the street from their place for a "bro-burger" at the Open House. The Schultz family join us for a fab beef on a bun lunch. Little Phoebe was perturbed by Tristan's enthusasim in a thing called BobCat (that's not even a REAL CAT) and T had fum showing Phoeb all the cool machinery and corals ("Gates") that they had sett up. From town we got the mail and then drove to Carnduff to check out the herd there.
Kids nap while on the road - so that's nice. Once home I finish tidying up the trianlge room (which is my crafty nook/catchall room) and hang up pictures in the spare room (it was painted over a year ago...)
Make supper for the 3 of us and then work on the calendar for preschool/prek. The kis help me bring in several load of freshly air-dryed clothes that we fold. (or I fold and they unfold and I re-fold). We head upstairs to make up all the beds that we stripped this morning.
Bath time and PJs/ Then downstairs again to watch the stamede. T doesn't make it to the bulls, which are his favorite and I feel a bit bad for him, he LOVES them!... but it IS 10:00! Rach makes it through all of the rodeo and most of the chuckwagon races before she zonks out. (such a trooper)
I change the lightbulbs that I've been meaning to change for a month, and make up a batch of quick and easy cards to have on hand. (baby gift/birthday) Then head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment