Sunday, July 15, 2012

My Bedside Table is starting to resemble a library!!


Stacked on/around the small table which also hold a lamp, alarm clock, Kleenex box, cell charger and lotion is: 5 magazines – Running: Trail Special, Self: June, Cdn Family: Summer, Cdn Running: May/June, Women’s Running: May/June

And 8 books, yes E.I.G.H.T. !

-Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood. 1st in a series. Young Adult Fiction. Follows the lives of young witches in America during the time of the witch trials. Impulse buy @ Wal-Mart last month.

- The Rainy Day Book. A Hallmark gift book of quotes, lyrics and stories to “pick you up when you’re a little blue” Another impulse buy from Hender’s Drugs in April.

-I Know This Much Is True by Wally Lamb. Loved ‘She’s Come Undone’ by W.L. so really want to read this one, started it a few times but hasn’t made it back to the top of my pile. Bought at a garage sale over 3 years ago.

-This Isn’t What I Expected – Over Coming Postpartum Depression by K. Klienman and Y. Raskin. Just browsed this one a few times, as this is a journey I have been traveling for 5 years. It’s a textbook type of read. Bought at the thrift store before Christmas.

-Icy Sparks by Gwyn Hyman-Rubio. No idea where it came from and I haven’t cracked into it yet. Jacket looks interesting and it’s an Oprah book club book, so it has to be good, right? Probably should go back to my library to reduce clutter…

-The Memory Keepers Daughter by Kim Edwards. I’m about 3 chapters into this one. Interesting, but can’t get to it. Has been collecting dust on bedside table since at least December. Another book of unknown origins, thrift store or garage sale…

-Have a Little Faith by Mitch Albom. Started this in March and about 2/3 done it. It’s a true story about a rabbi who asked Albom to write his eulogy and the stories/life lessons he learned from the remarkable man he calls Reb. Will likely finish this one soon. Bought in Parmasave in 2011.

-Busy Mom Bible. Truthfully, I haven’t done as much reading in here as I would like to. It’s a wonderfully set up study/reflection bible. It’s broken down into manageable sections and questions/discussions that a busy mom can (and should) relate to, reflect on, and pray about.

I love books. I love to read. But I don’t read nearly enough. Need to fit more reading time into my crammed schedule. If I write it on my calendar/list and make it a priority I will do it. (and I should)

No comments:

Post a Comment